Saturday, December 08, 2007

How come I didn't think of that??


A friend told me this story a couple of nights ago. I really don't know if it is true or not, I tried to research it a little on the net and came up with nothing, but it is genius marketing nonetheless. Supposedly in the 1970's, Corona was looking for ways to expand their market to the vacationing gringos. What they ended up doing was making a deal with the airlines and they placed cards in all the seats on flights to Mexico with frequently used phrases or words and the spanish translation. It was like this;

Good Morning--- Buenas Dias

Good Afternoon ---Buenas Tardes

Yes/No--- Si/No

Thank You--- Gracias

Please ---Por Favor,
And so on.

The list ended with;

Beer--- Corona

Apparently they went to number one in no time. I really hope that person got a bonus!

No comments: